Company: Urban Engineers, Inc.
Find the job listing here: http://urbanengineersinc.ourcareerpages.com//JobView.aspx?id=477782
The Construction Manager will perform on-site construction management services for Aviation and Facility projects in NYC. Candidate will perform day to day management of construction inspection and office engineering staff. The work includes serving in a prominent role on the Delta Airfield Reconfiguration Project that is being executed under a Tenant Alteration Agreement to the PANYNJ for delivery of the project. The candidate will serve as a project liaison to the LGA Program Manager and other ongoing major aviation projects. .
Assistant Construction Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the office engineering functions on a given project, including correspondence, submittals, logs, change orders and other documents as required
• Provide quality control and assurance services for our clients in a lead field role on construction projects
• Responsible for supervising a field inspection staff to document the contractor’s progress and compliance with contract documents
• Maintain continuing liaison with new and perspective client managers during the construction project
• Be involved in the administration, accounting and invoicing of the project with the home office, and the client, including client payment
• Maintain certifications of the individual and staff to satisfy the needs of our clients
• Work with the Construction Manager and client Project Managers in the management of the project
• Attend and supervise meetings with LGA Management, Delta and other PANYNJ Disciplines.
• Assist in the hiring and training off staff to support the client’s needs
• Involvement in professional organizations
• Perform other professional duties related to engineering work as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field is required
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in construction management, inspection and engineering; preferably on complex aviation transportation, infrastructure, facilities and or roadway projects.
• Candidate must have leadership qualities and be capable of supervising construction inspection and office engineering staff.
• A New York PE or RA license is preferred.
• Ability to pass OSHA 30 is necessary
• Rigorous background checks are required to access air side properties along with a valid driver’s license
• Excellent verbal and written skills
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone, and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability.
To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to all people: blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.
Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts Its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by the blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
If you’ve found a malfunction or have ideas for improvement, we’ll be happy to hear from you. You can reach out to the website’s operators by using the following email
Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various different behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers are able to read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements, alongside console screenshots of code examples:
Screen-reader optimization: we run a background process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others. Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images and provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts that are embedded within the image, using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.
These adjustments are compatible with all popular screen readers, including JAWS and NVDA.
Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
We aim to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible, so our users can choose the best fitting tools for them, with as few limitations as possible. Therefore, we have worked very hard to be able to support all major systems that comprise over 95% of the user market share including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and for MAC users.
Despite our very best efforts to allow anybody to adjust the website to their needs, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible, are in the process of becoming accessible, or are lacking an adequate technological solution to make them accessible. Still, we are continually improving our accessibility, adding, updating and improving its options and features, and developing and adopting new technologies. All this is meant to reach the optimal level of accessibility, following technological advancements. For any assistance, please reach out to